The first official Bogotá Run Tour is now in the books and finishing it at the Museo del Oro could not have been more appropriate since I feel like I won gold (Oro = Gold in Spanish) by having such an amazing first run tour guest and, because my guest, Nicola, has probably won first place in plenty of races, as she has a 2:33:28 marathon pr.
Nicola found us through a Facebook search, went to our website, sent me an email, told me what she wanted in a tour and then, I got started planning! 10 – 14 miles of running through the city, starting in Usaquen is what Nicola wanted, I think it turned out really well! What all did we see?
- Ciclovia – Since we started at 7am in Usaquen we were able to run along the closed roadways with the approximately 2 million other runners, cyclists, and rollerbladers that hit the 130 kilometers of closed-to-cars roadways each Sunday and holidays for quite awhile
- Parque 93
- Virrey Park
- Chapinero neighborhood
- Biblioteca Pública Virgilio Barco
- Parque Simón Bolivar
- Torre Colpatria
- Mercado de las Pulgas de San Alejo (San Alejo Fleamarket)
- Planeterio de Bogotá
- Plaza de Toros Santámarie
- Parque de la Independencia
- La Candelaria neighborhood
- Graffiti in La Candelaria
- Museo del Oro
- Lots of the “real Bogotá”
Leading this tour was absolutely fantastic for me and, I hope for Nicola, as well!
Heading to Bogotá soon? We’d love to show you (and run you) around. Book your own custom tour with us today!